Controversy as Ballybogey FC’s opponents walk off pitch: meanwhile big win for Dunloy FC


THERE was controversy after Ballybogey FC’s opponents White Eagles walked off the pitch on the hour mark.

It was a cold wet morning but the game ended on sixty minutes when the Eagles decided to walk off the field after the referee had sent the goalkeeper off for deliberate hand ball outside the box preventing Ballybogey scoring what would have been their third goal and Gareth Kane’s hat trick .

‘Bogey went one up when good work between Ian Parkhill and Liam Kearney saw the ball being crossed for Kane to rise and put the ball into the net giving the Eagles goalkeeper no chance.

Kane then got his second when again he rose above the defence to head the ball past the keeper .

‘Bogey should have scored more with continuous pressure and with the wind on their backs likely would have but thenthere was a foul on Kane which ended with sixteen players pushing and shoving each other ending up with a yellow card for the Eagles defender.

Minutes later the ball broke to Kane and the advancing keeper handed the ball out side the box preventing the ball going into the net.

The ref sent the keeper off and but the Eagles decided the decision was wrong and walked off.

It is expected the result will be ratified by the authorities as a Ballybogey win which will take them to the top of the table.

a good result for bogey which takes them top of the league.


McCamphill Park was in very good condition even with all the heavy rain that had fallen allowing the ball to zip across the ground. Dunloy who are on a good run of late went in front after John John McFerran scored on the 15th minute then doubled their lead when Chris Smylie converted a penalty on the 20th minute. Though two goals down Carniny certainly played their part in the game but failed to make the most of a couple of good chances they created before half-time. Dunloy then went further in front with goals scored by John John McFerran on the 60th minute and Chris Smylie on the 67th minute. Carniny had another half-chance or two after this then as time began to run down goals from Chris Smylie on the 78th minute and Conor Reid on the 85th minute completed the scoring.