Casey gets four as Ballymoney U-9s hit Celtic for eight

Action from the youth friendship league in Ballymoney.
Action from the youth friendship league in Ballymoney.

A GREAT win for Ballymoney U-9s

Ballymoney got back to winning ways this week with an excellent performance against Dungiven. Ballymoney settled the quickest and scored two goals to take control of the game, the first by Casey and second by Neill.

Dungiven then got a goal back when from a corner they bundled the ball over the line from close range. Ballymoney responded to this goal by playing some of their best football of the season and looked like scoring with every attack and it wasn’t long before Casey grabbed his second.

The third soon followed from a long range effort by Kyle Sloan. Oisin Casey then completed his hat trick and just before half time the impressive Casey scored again this time with a superb strike from distance leaving the score 6-1 in favour of the Toon at the break.

The second half started the same as the first with Ballymoney on the attack and again they scored early on this time from a Blair corner which found Faulker free to finish well at the back post.

Dungiven to their credit battled hard and scored two good goals of their own. But Ballymoney still weren’t finished and saved the best of their eight goals to the last. This was a well worked team goal that started from Kelly in the Ballymoney goal, the ball was played out of defence by Archibald who had another solid game into midfield to Onry Neill who combined with Blair on the wing and between them released Keys who fired the ball past the oncoming keeper to finish of a fantastic team goal.

Dungiven grabbed their forth goal with the last kick of the game but this was another excellent performance by the boys who continue to improve with every game.

BUYA U10’s Athletic v Coleraine. Lost 7-2

Ballymoney Athletic played a friendly against Coleraine Accademy (red section).Ballymoney soon realised why this team are in a stronger section as they came under pressure early, only tackles from McGuire, Baird and two great saves from goalkeeper Reid kept coleraine out. Another save from Reid led to a corner ending up in a goal 1-0.

Ballymoney then found their game and came close through Robinson and Kirgan.Coleraine broke and against the run of play made it 2-0.Ballymoney kept their shape well and Patton broke down coleraine play and made chances for striker Larkin who came close only for the coleraine keeper to come out on top.Half time 3-0 The second half started well when a great move involving Orr, McCaughan and Patton releasing Kirgan to score for Ballymoney.

Coleraine then ran in four quick goals, Campbell was brought on to stop the stem of goals and it was Campbell who came close wi th a header from a Patton free kick. Baird and Patton came close only to be stopped by posts and bars.