POLICE in Moyle released the following information this week to the press.
Police are appealing for information after a quantity of lead was stolen from the roof of a premises in the Novally Road area of Ballycastle. It is thought the theft happened sometime between Monday 09 September and Monday 23 September. Anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area during that period is asked to contact police on 0845 600 8000, or alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
* Police are investigating a burglary in the Dalriada Park area of Cushendall. The burglary was reported to police on Monday 23 September when the occupiers returned from holiday. They reported that while they were away, the house was broken into and a number of items taken. Police enquiries are continuing.
* Police are investigating the theft of firewood from the Clare Forest area of Ballycastle. The theft is thought to have happened sometime across the weekend of 20-22 September. Enquires into the matter are continuing.
* Police received a report that a church in the area of Diamond Ballycastle had a sign board damaged on Tuesday 24 September. Enquiries are continuing.
* A minibus travelling in the Priestland Road area of Bushmills on the evening of Tuesday 24 September has had a window smashed by stone throwers. Police enquiries are ongoing but it believed a group of youths may have been responsible. No one was injured as a result of the incident.
* Police received a report that a quantity of oil was been stolen from a property on Carrickmore Road, Ballycastle on Wednesday 25 September. Police enquiries are continuing.
* The window of a business was broken in the Castle Street area of Ballycastle sometime in the early hours of Sunday 29 September. Police are appeal for information from anyone who was in the area at the time.
* Police have arrested a male and a female on suspicion of disorderly behaviour in the Castle Street area of Ballycastle. The arrests were made in the early hours of Sunday 29 September. Police enquiries are continuing and both people have been released on police bail.
* Police are investigating after a female was assaulted in the Mews area of Ballycastle of Sunday 29 September. Police enquiries into the matter are continuing.
* Police received a report on Sunday 29 September that a house in the Ballaghmore Court area of Bushmills had been broken into. Police enquiries are ongoing and it is not clear at this point what, if anything, has been taken.