Carbon Monoxide alarms a lifesaver

Share this article

A Waterfoot family were counting their lucky stars that they had a carbon monoxide alarm when the fire brigade had to be called to their house twice in 24 hours.

“The family live very close to me so I was very aware of the situation,“ said Sinn Féin councillor Noreen McAllister. “I want to thank our local fire crew, and the other brigades who came out on Saturday night and again for several hours on Sunday. Thank God the incident resulted in no one being affected.

“It was great also to see all the people who stayed with and helped the family while the firemen were doing such vital work. This really shows how important getting a carbon monoxide alarm is, and I’d appeal to everybody to ensure they have one.”