Carey Faughs - Why not continue your Christmas celebrations in Carey Hall, Ballyvoy, Ballycastle on Boxing Night, dancing the night away to one of Ireland’s most popular artists, Ritchie Remo. Doors open at 9pm with music from Niall O’Hagan followed by Ritchie Remo.
* Ballycastle Indoor Bowling League results - Ramoan Presbyterian 52 (7) St Pat’s & St Brigid’s 20 (0) - C McKellar 9 J Keating 8, G McKellar 14 P McBrearty 3, S McIlvar 16 D McAfee 7, S Craig 13 R Elliott 2; Ramoan Parish 22 (1) Carey 39 (6) - J Reid 7 P Dempsey 17, F McCandless 6 T Grainger 8, B McKay 6 JJ McCambridge 6, D McIlroy 8, S McCambridge 8; St Pat’s & St Brigid’s 31 (0) Ballycastle Presbyterian 47 (7) - D McAfee 7, D McAfee 8, P McBrearty 8 C Redmond 12, J Keating 10, M O’Reilly 15, R Elliott 6, S Molloy 12.
League positions: Played Won Lost Points - Ramoan Presbyterian 3 3 0 19.5, Ramoan Parish 3 2 1 11.5, Ballycastle Presbyterian 3 1 2 9, St Pat’s & St Brigid’s 4 1 3 8.5, Carey 3 1 2 7.5.
* Ballymoney HPS: The second and final show of the series was for the old birds, just short of 120 birds were penned for the judges. The three classes had three winners, John Connolly was 1st OB Handled, D & G McMullan 1st Old Bird T/W and Danny Dixon 1st OB Eye-sign. Danny Dixon won the Show Trophy with Most Points, D & G McMullan finished runner-up. OC Handled – 1st, 4th, HC & Commended J Connolly, 2nd J Hutchinson & Son, 3rd, Reserve & VHC D Dixon. Old Bird T/W – 1st & 3rd D & G McMullan, 2nd J Connolly, 4th & Commended D Dixon, Reserve S & C McCook, VHC Curry & Gilmore, HC Brown & Stewart. Old Bird Eye-sign – 1st, 2nd, 4th, Reserve & Commended D Dixon, 3rd J Connolly, VHC Curry & Gilmore, HC D Gage.
* INFC Merit Awards Presentation - The Merit Awards Presentation will take place on Friday 3rd January in the Dunsilly Hotel Antrim with a 6.30pm start. Tickets for the evening are £10 which includes supper. The panel includes Dervock’s Willie and Leonard McCaw.
* Manor Golf Club Kilrea - The Winter League competition has completed five rounds with just two more to go , and the leading pair at this stage are John Keane and Tony McLernon with a grand total of 346 points. The nearest challengers are Seamus Hasson and Chris Darragh with 340, and Stephen Wylie and Dessie Gray with 332.
The weekend competition for a Xmas Voucher played for on 7th/8th December at the Kilrea Manor saw some high scoring and a hole in one. Eugene McCart won the voucher with a vey impressive round of 47 points. There was a tie for 2nd place. between Stephen Mooney and Martin McGrath with 43 points each , with Stephen winning on the count back.
* Brown Trout Golf Club - The nine week Star Fuels Sponsored Winter League was completed surprisingly without a break at the weekend.
Recently elected Club President Michael Kane (18) ran out a comfortable winner with a good score of 43 points.
Mickey opened with 19 points despite a blank at the 5th. and with the help of a birdie at the 12th managed 24 points second time round!
Four points adrift two members ended up with 39 points each, after the tiebreak Donal Mulholland (3) took second prize with nines of 17 and 22.
Donal was in sparkling form over the back nine which included a blank at the 13th and a bogey at the last, sort of spoiling his run of birdies at holes 10 12 14 16 and 17!!
Denis James (22) scored nines of 21 and 18 to claim the third prize on offer. Ronnie Milliken claimed the twos kitty with the only two!