TIME is running out for your chance to nominate candidates for the Moyle sports awards.
The presentation night will be held on Saturday December 1 (7.30pm) in Ballycastle Golf Club but nominations have to be in by 4pm on Tuesday November 20.
Please send Forms and additional information to M.S.A.C c/o Damian McAfee, Moyle District Council 7 Mary St, Ballycastle BT54 6QH. Forms will not be accepted without the Name Address & Telephone number of nominee and on an official Nomination Form.
A spokesperson said: “Unfortunately last year’s event had to be cancelled and therefore the committee has decided that this year’s awards will recognise achievements by clubs/individuals during the 2010/11 & 2011/12 Season.
The Committee can only make decisions on information provided. It is therefore imperative that nominations are accompanied by additional information on the candidates, achievements, honours received, press clippings, photographs etc. Nominations forms can be accessed and will be accepted via email at email@example.com”
Former Irish rugby international Trevor Ringland will present the awards.
For further information regarding Moyle Sports Awards contact Damian McAfee Sports Development Recreation Officer, Moyle District Council, 7 Mary Street Ballycastle on 02820762225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The awards categories are:
* Junior Team Award U14 - Nominees must be under 14 at the time of performance. Awarded to School & Club Teams participating at various levels.
* Junior Team Award U21 - Nominees must be under 21 at the time of performance. Awarded to School & Club Teams participating at various levels.
* Sportsperson of the Year U18 - Nominees must be under 18 at the time of performance. The Award may be for achievement as part of a team or as an individual performer.
* Disability in Sport Award - Awarded to a team or individual performer with a disability who has achieved success in their sport.
* Merit Award - Awarded to a team who may have been nominated for the Team of the Tear Category whose achievements are at a Junior or Intermediate level of competition.
* Team of the Year Award Over 18 - Awarded to a team playing at a Senior Grade/Level who have achieved success at a regional, provincial or international standard.
* Sportsperson of the year Over 18 - Awarded to a performer who has achieved success competing at a Senior level i.e. regional, provincial or international standard.
* Outstanding contribution to Sport - Awarded to a retired sportsperson who achieved great success throughout their sporting career.
Awarded to an “unsung hero” who has dedicated their life to sport in Moyle as a Coach, Administrator or Volunteer who has made an outstanding contribution to their Club/Sport.