BALLYMONEY UNITED 3 WAKEHURST 3
A LAZARUS-like comeback for Ballymoney as they snatched a draw after being three goals down.
Wakehurst had looked set to follow up their victory at Portstewart the previous week after goals from Conor Gregg, Jason Paul and Paul Muir had established a comfortable cushion after 54 minutes.
But the Ballymena men allowed their opponents a way back into the game to rescue an unlikely point.
Ballymoney’s fightback began when Gerald Gillan finished off the best move of the match, heading past Macauley Cairns on 62 minutes.
Then Gillan slotted in his second.
Wakehurst looked as though they would hang on until keeper Cairns needlessly grasped the ball just outside the 18-yard box three minutes from time, earning himself a yellow card and handing Ballymoney a free-kick in a promising position.
Eoin Gillan took the free-kick and Diarmuid Larkin got the vital touch to earn his team a draw that looked highly unlikely just half an hour earlier.
* Glebe Rangers lost 3-2 away to Lurgan Celtic.
* This weekend it is Irish Cup and Ballymoney are at home to Banbridge with Glebe away to Bangor.
* BRANTWOOD 2 DUNLOY 1
Brantwood at home to Dunloy went two goals in front in this McReynolds League Cup game after Steven Bainbridge and Ricky McAuley scored on the 22nd and 24th minutes. Dunloy came back to reduce the deficit before half-time when Dominic Dillon scored on the 40th minute.
The second half saw very little between the teams but none of the teams took any of the clear chances to score.
This Saturday in the Mc Reynolds League Cup it is Dunloy v FC Ballynure at McCamphill Park. Dunloy
* Cloughmills Girls and Boys Football Club is holding a fundraiser at Cloughmills Community Centre on Friday, January 17.
Country star Ritchie Remo will be appearing for a special concert with doors opening from 7.30pm.
This is a ticket only event. Tickets cost £12 and can be purchased from the Corner House Bar, J Magill Butchers and the Hair Room salon in Cloughmills.
For further details contact Paul McCormick on 0788 1953 684.
* BUYA U13’s v Institute. Won 6-0.
Ballymoney dominated this game from the outset and quickly took the lead through Sammy Wade after some nice footwork created space for the shot.
Ballymoney then doubled their lead with Josey Steele scoring from the spot and after good work down the left from Steele, William Dale made it 3 at half-time.
Ballymoney continued to push and Leon McMaster added a fourth with a neat finish.
Quick-fire goals from Ryan Brolly and Jude Black ensured a comfortable win for the Toon.
* Pappy’s Bakery Friendship Soccer League Fixtures For Friday 10th January - Semi-Finals Rainey &Gregg Shield & Friendship Plate - Riada Athletic v Riada Colts 6pm (Plate); Stranocum v BU Minis 6pm (Friendly); Loughguile v Rasharkin 6.40pm (Shield); Dunloy v Glebeside 6.40pm (Friendly); Tobermore v Cloughmills 7.20pm (Plate); Coleraine Colts v Coleraine Alexandra 7.20pm (Shield).