New Year, New You, New Creases
Reinventing yourself for the new year could be as easy ironing your shirt
Crisp, slick, nicely ironed clothing can make you feel as good as a new fitness regime. Here are the top tips of ironing to help you look your best.
New Year adds another wrinkle to your forehead with the promise of looking after yourself more. With resolutions flying around the first month of the year most of them follow the same pattern; new job, new workout regime, better diet and earlier bedtimes. If there’s one thing you can take away from the experts it’s that personal reinvention is about milestones rather than the full ten course meal. So if your January is beginning to look like all the previous January’s (the promises begin to evaporate) then change just one easy thing.... iron your clothes!
Have you ever noticed how the most confident looking people are always so very well turned out. How good they look actually has little to do with the glow of their skin or their muscle tone. It has everything to do with what they are wearing and how they wear it... and their clothes are never crumpled.
A beautifully ironed wardrobe will bring out the catwalk model in you, even if you’re only walking to the photocopier. Getting that fresh from the hanger look is very easily achived these days thanks to companies like Morphy Richards have developed irons over decades of development,perfecting ironing tools for busy people. Now you can buy irons, steam irons and steam brushes that do the job is half the time it used to take. But before you get stuck into that big basket of clothes, here are the dos and don’ts of ironing...
1. Make sure youiron is set to the righttemperature for your clothing (check the label for the textile mix). An iron that is too hot can melt your man-made fibre clothes which scorches strange shiny patches into your fabrics. When your iron is too cool it’ll either not take the creases out or leave a chalky residue on your nice clean clothes.
2. Make sure the iron always has plenty of fresh water in it. Steaming your clothes works ten times better than the old fashioned way (without steam).
3. Ensure you iron the shoulders of your garment. Top and shirts are designed to fall naturally from the shoulders. If they are puckered or crumpled then the entire garment will look tatty.
1. Don’t ever iron a blouse in the same way you’d iron a man’s shirt. Female clothing is well designed and must flatter your femininity. Conversely, male clothes are usually designed to have a harder, more masculine, edge to them which is why they should be ironed with military precision.
2. Don’t ever iron military style creasesdown your jeans’ leg. It’ll look like you lived with your Mum until your thirties. Likewise, never sideways iron your jeans’ leg which makes you look like you live with your Gran!
Many people who use modern ironing technology are delighted to discover just how quickly they can get through their clothes. Modern steam irons produce more steam faster and have Teflon to glide through even the coarsest of fabrics.
So if the gym is losing its allure, do not fear; you can get the sexy New Year look with the simple swipe of an iron.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Ballymoney
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South