REFERRING to the Housing Executive’s investment in Moyle in 2011/12, Frank O’Connor, North East Area Manager, told councillors: “In the past year the Housing Executive:
* Spent £720,000 on improving and maintaining Housing Executive homes in Moyle District;
* Invested £260,000 to assist vulnerable people through the Supporting People programme.
* Provided £190,000 for grant aid to improve housing conditions in the private sector;
* Invested £154,000 on adapting Housing Executive homes in the District; commenced adaptations to 25 tenants’ homes;
* Provided 749 private sector tenants with Housing Benefit assistance, an increase of over 37% from 2008;
* Worked with community groups and other sectors to encourage safer, settled and inclusive communities in Moyle District.”