The good weather and the forthcoming bank holidays will see many caravan enthuastics take the opportunity to get away from it all.
Police in the north coast are reminding caravan owners to ensure their vans are secure and emptied of any high value goods when they are not being used.
1. Don’t leave anything valuable on display. Take all your valuables with you when you leave the caravan.
2. Leave your curtains open. Possible intruders can see there are no valuables lying about. Site security can also check out your caravan easily.
3. Use security markings. Where possible, valuable items such as laptops and televisions should be marked with your postcode and house number using a UV marker. This helps police identify the owner of the recovered property.
4. If you have a shed beside your caravan, keep your shed in good condition and fit a good close shackle padlock to the door. Valuables inside should also be marked with your postcode.
5. Get to know your neighbours. Keep an eye on each others caravans when they are vacant. Don’t be afraid to report anything suspicious to the site manager or the PSNI immediately.
Anyone who would like further crime prevention advice is asked to contact 0845 600 8000.