With the changes to the Working Tax Credit criteria, more families are now eligible to apply for free school meals and school uniform allowance.
For the 2014-2015 school year Free School Meals / School Uniform / Physical Education Clothing Allowance can be awarded if you are currently in receipt of one of the following benefits -
• Income Support; or
• Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance; or
• Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance; or
• The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit; or
• Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of £16,190 or less.
• If you are an Asylum Seeker supported by the Home Office National Asylum Support Service (NASS); or
• If your child has a statement of special educational needs and is designated to require a special diet.
Only one application form is required to be completed and the form can be obtained from schools/colleges or the NEELB’s Meals and Uniform Section on Tel: 028 2566 2573 / 7761.